Written by Dan Konstantinovsky
Strategic Marketing, RH Blake
Industrial search marketing is suffering from an alarming discrepancy. While 85% of industrial marketers use content marketing, only 33% report their organization is clear on what an effective content marketing program looks like. Without a clear understanding of what search marketing strategies to use, how are they building these programs?
Too many industrial organizations are churning out search marketing initiatives with weak foundations. They are not built on effective strategies or current SEM trends. The results are wasted resources and pitiful ROI.
These misguided efforts are understandable when we look at the current challenges of industrial search marketing.
Industrial Search Marketing Challenges
First and foremost is the constant flux of industrial search marketing. Organizations must keep up with myriad SEO technologies and a dynamic industry that thrives on internet innovation. Marketers are challenged with multiple interfaces, and the number of customer touchpoints continues to grow. Meanwhile, buyers have changed, and they continue to change. Marketers must understand and prioritize more search marketing options than ever before.
As they navigate these ever-shifting currents, businesses must also determine how to generate more of the right kind of leads. More than 75% of industrial marketers use website traffic to measure how well their content marketing is producing results. Yet, this is only a small piece of the puzzle. What if these visitors click once, then leave? Successful search marketers have to move beyond simple traffic and push these leads through the sales cycle.
How? Through effective content marketing. This is the next challenge: to use better content marketing to influence prospects and channel partners. It’s clearly a challenge, since so few are able to overcome this hurdle. More than half of industrial marketers admit a lack of strategy has contributed to stagnant success over the last year. This is not surprising, considering only 31% have a documented content marketing strategy in place, and only 46% report delivering content consistently. For influence to improve, companies must ramp up their search marketing efforts.
This must be done strategically to overcome the additional challenge of improving market share. Companies want to expand efforts and reach, but it is difficult to maintain search marketing strategies that grow with the company. The Content Marketing Institute reports only 33% of industrial marketers say their content marketing strategy has scalability. It’s easy for an organization to trip over out-grown shoes as it tries to leave a larger market footprint.
The final biggest challenge facing industrial marketers is how to enhance margins. To do this, they must maintain razor-sharp marketing initiatives that cut away all the fat and carve out additional market share. Their search marketing endeavors must yield high traffic and achieve high return, yet marketers must be willing to invest in ideas and innovations that are too new to offer any guarantees. It’s a challenging balance. It proves even more difficult with limited in-house resources. A majority of industrial marketers (57%) only devote a small content marketing team to this task for their entire organization – and it’s often a team of one.
RH Blake Uniquely Understands Industrial Search Marketing
Not every marketer grasps the intricate details of these challenges. Clients of RH Blake benefit from our in-depth knowledge of industrial search marketing complexities. We leverage 30 years of experience as an industrial search marketing agency to deliver precision solutions. Our SEO and SEM methods offer impactful insight and impressive marketing ROI. We’ve successfully grown and adapted with current technologies for three decades in the industry, and we continue to engage solely in projects that create worthwhile results for our clients.
A partnership with RH Blake results in traffic generation, increased visibility, brand enhancement and business growth. This is accomplished through our key service offerings:
- Marketing Strategy and Consulting – We use our proven RH Blake Growth Roadmap™ to analyze key aspects of your business and align your campaigns with the most effective search strategies for your industrial marketing. Through analysis, planning and strategy, we create an actionable plan for success.
- Website Development – RH Blake specializes in building scalable websites that leverage our deep knowledge of industrial search marketing. Our proven SEO processes, mobile app development and social media programs deliver online success and extend your marketing reach. We consistently develop responsive web properties that engage prospects and accelerate your sales cycle.
- Content Development – Talk to us about SEO, social media, feature articles, landing page development, eBooks, product guides, newsletters, whitepapers, product publicity, blogging and other ways to increase awareness and build your brand. We have proven experience at skillfully guiding you through the process of telling your story, your way.
- Channel/Distribution Marketing & Awareness – Our targeted campaigns keep pace with increasingly mobile consumers who move across channels to get what they want, when they want it. We deliver digital campaigns, video and sales support that expand margins and enhance loyalty.
- Direct Marketing – RH Blake offers extensive experience at identifying target industrial markets. Our methods provide opportunities to communicate directly with key members of your customer or prospect base. We leverage market segmentation to develop focused search and dimensional campaigns to meet your specific objectives.
- Digital Marketing – We differentiate your business to make prospects take notice. We offer proven experience in developing and executing campaigns that attract, engage, nurture and qualify the right buyers for your offering. Our online and print media programs use the smartest vehicles to reach your markets, accelerate your sales cycle and drive opportunities that build your brand.
- Sales Support Materials & Creative Design – Our experienced design approach gets you the practical solutions you need for effective search marketing. We develop diverse tools based on your desired results and timeframe, so our design, implementation and deliverables are always on the mark.
- Trade Shows & Events – These events can help your business create new relationships and accelerate the sales cycle for existing opportunities. We provide unique industrial insights to deliver custom trade show booth displays, handouts and videos that make the most of these opportunities.
An Industrial Search Marketing Agency to Solve Your Industrial Search Marketing Challenges
In the last 12 months, fewer than 50% of industrial marketers have undergone any changes that have improved their online marketing approach. More than two-thirds admit they don’t have the time required to prevent market stagnation. Perhaps it’s time to try something different.
The small margin of industrial marketers who managed to see increased success in the past year did so by prioritizing content marketing, developing a solid strategy and enhancing the quality of their content. Still, less than half of industrial marketers even use a content management system, and only one percent rate their content marketing approach as extremely successful.
RH Blake wants to put you in that one percent.
To take on the challenges of industrial search marketing, you need an industrial search marketing agency that is properly equipped for the task. RH Blake faces these challenges head-on and delivers impactful results. We offer:
- Structure: We design and execute a structured, well-positioned search marketing program that drives ongoing results.
- Lead generation: RH Blake develops a lead generation system that drives and converts visitors into qualified leads and profitable customers.
- Sales enablement: We identify, prioritize and implement the right CRM and marketing automation tools for your business.
- Content marketing: Nearly two-thirds of industrial marketing companies point to content creation challenges as a leading factor in their stagnation. RH Blake uses enriched search marketing to improve the perceived value of your offering.
To begin your successful partnership with the leading industrial search marketing agency, contact RH Blake today.