Written by Dan Konstantinovsky
Strategic Marketing, RH Blake
Industrial digital marketing is suffering from an alarming discrepancy. While 85% of industrial marketers use content marketing, only 33% report their organization is clear on what an effective content marketing program looks like. Without a clear understanding of what strategies to use, how are they building these digital marketing programs?
Too many industrial organizations are churning out digital marketing initiatives with weak foundations. They are not built on effective strategies or current market trends. The results are wasted resources and pitiful ROI.
These misguided efforts are understandable when we look at the current challenges of industrial marketing.
Industrial Digital Marketing Challenges
First and foremost is the constant flux of industrial digital marketing. Organizations must keep up with myriad digital technologies and a dynamic industry that thrives on innovation. Marketers are challenged with multiple interfaces, and the number of customer touchpoints continues to grow. Meanwhile, buyers have changed, and they continue to change. Marketers must understand and prioritize more digital marketing options than ever before.
As they navigate these ever-shifting currents, businesses must also determine how to generate more of the right kind of leads. More than 75% of industrial marketers use website traffic to measure how well their content marketing is producing results. Yet, this is only a small piece of the puzzle. If visitors click once, then leave, efforts have failed. Successful marketers have to move beyond simple traffic and push these leads through the sales cycle.
Is this possible? Yes – through effective digital content marketing. This is the next challenge: to use better content marketing to influence prospects and channel partners. Since so few have overcome this hurdle, it’s clearly a challenging venture. More than half of industrial marketers admit a lack of strategy has contributed to stagnant success over the last year. This is not surprising, considering only 31% have a documented content marketing strategy in place, and only 46% report delivering content consistently. For influence to improve, companies must ramp up their digital content marketing efforts.
This must be done strategically to overcome the additional challenge of improving market share. Companies want to expand efforts and reach, but it is difficult to maintain digital marketing strategies that grow with the company. The Content Marketing Institute reports only 33% of industrial marketers say their content marketing strategy has scalability. As it tries to leave a larger market footprint, it’s easy for an organization to trip over out-grown shoes.
The final biggest challenge facing industrial marketers is how to enhance margins. To do this, they must maintain razor-sharp digital marketing initiatives that cut away the fat and carve out additional market share. Their marketing endeavors must achieve high return, yet marketers must be willing to invest in new ideas and innovations in the digital sector. It’s a challenging balance to maintain. It proves even more difficult with limited in-house resources. A majority of industrial marketers (57%) only devote a small content marketing team to this task for their entire organization – and it’s often a team of one.
RH Blake Uniquely Understands Industrial Digital Marketing
Not every marketer grasps the intricate details of these challenges. Clients of RH Blake benefit from our in-depth knowledge of industrial digital marketing complexities. We leverage 30 years of experience as an industrial digital marketing agency to deliver precision solutions. Our methods offer impactful insight and impressive marketing ROI. We’ve successfully grown and adapted with the industry for three decades, and we continue to engage solely in projects that create worthwhile results for our clients.
A partnership with RH Blake results in digital brand enhancement, lead generation and business growth. We accomplish these game-changing results through our key service offerings:
- Digital Marketing – We offer proven experience in developing and executing digital campaigns that attract, engage, nurture and qualify the right buyers for your offering. We differentiate your business to make prospects take notice. Our online and print media programs use the smartest vehicles to reach your markets, accelerate your sales cycle and drive opportunities that build your brand.
- Direct Marketing – RH Blake offers extensive experience at identifying target industrial markets. Our methods provide opportunities to communicate directly with key members of your customer or prospect base. We leverage market segmentation to develop focused digital and dimensional campaigns to meet your specific objectives.
- Marketing Strategy and Consulting – We use our proven RH Blake Growth Roadmap™ to analyze key aspects of your business and align your campaigns with the most effective strategies for your industrial digital marketing. Through analysis, planning and strategy, we create actionable plans for success.
- Website Development – We develop responsive web properties that engage prospects and accelerate your sales cycle. RH Blake specializes in building scalable websites that leverage our deep knowledge of industrial digital marketing. Our proven SEO processes, mobile app development and social media programs extend your digital marketing reach and deliver online success.
- Channel/Distribution Marketing & Awareness – Our targeted campaigns keep pace with increasingly mobile consumers who move across channels to get what they want, when they want it. From digital campaigns, to videos, to sales support, we deliver highly successful marketing programs that expand margins and enhance loyalty.
- Content Development – We have proven experience at skillfully guiding you through the process of telling your story, your way. Talk to us about landing page development, eBooks, feature articles, product guides, whitepapers, product publicity, blogging, newsletters, social media and other ways to increase awareness and build your brand.
- Sales Support Materials & Creative Design – Our experienced design approach gets you the practical solutions you need for effective digital marketing. We develop diverse tools based on your desired results and timeframe, so our design, implementation and deliverables are always on target.
- Trade Shows & Events – RH Blake knows these events can help your business create new relationships and accelerate the sales cycle for existing opportunities. That’s why we provide unique industrial insights to deliver custom trade show booth displays, handouts and videos that make the most of these opportunities.
An Industrial Digital Marketing Agency to Solve Your Industrial Digital Marketing Challenges
Fewer than 50% of industrial marketers have undergone any changes that have improved their digital marketing approach in the past year. More than two-thirds admit they don’t have the time required to prevent market stagnation. Perhaps it’s time to try something different.
The small margin of industrial marketers who did manage to see increased success in the last 12 months did so by developing a solid strategy, prioritizing content marketing, and enhancing the quality of their content. Still, less than half of industrial marketers use a content management system, and only one percent rate their content marketing approach as extremely successful.
RH Blake wants to put you in that one percent.
To take on the challenges of industrial digital marketing, you need an industrial digital marketing agency that is properly equipped for the task. RH Blake faces these challenges head-on and delivers impactful results. We provide:
- Structure: We design and execute a structured, well-positioned digital marketing program that drives ongoing results.
- Lead generation: RH Blake develops a lead generation system that drives and converts visitors into qualified leads and profitable customers.
- Sales enablement: We identify, prioritize and implement the right CRM and marketing automation tools for your company.
- Content marketing: Nearly two-thirds of industrial marketing companies point to content creation challenges as a leading factor in their stagnation. RH Blake uses enriched digital marketing to improve the perceived value of your offering.
To begin your successful partnership with the leading industrial digital marketing agency, contact RH Blake today.